On black friday, everything you see be all like “GET SHOPPING!” But imma be all like, “GET SEXY!” Amen.
For the #ASOSShoes competition:
When I first saw this pair of black derbies on the ASOS website during my seasonal burning of the way-past midnight oil in July of this year, I thought of many things. Style and sophistication among other words that waded around my sleep-deprived head. What I also saw was opportunity. As an upcoming postgraduate and inevitable veteran of several hundred job interviews, I would need such a vehicle to get me going on the journey into the real world. I can admit I am not a man of fashion, but a man of comfort. Good thing for me is, these shoes address both of those needs.
Keep telling me its OK
Sometimes I don’t believe it
The dream will never die
No time to bereave it
Waiting for my heart
To come to a rest
I’ve been at this sixteen hours
With pains in my chest
Knocking at the door
For several hours now
The sun’s not up for long
Sweat dripping for my brow
The time has come for me
But i will do the hunting
One way or another
I’ll be leaving here with something
A luxury of thought
A word of expression
To take off this weight
Of passive aggression
Better just do it
No line or a swoosh
Get the act together
Time for the final push.
a gOb original.
Superhuman effort isn’t worth a damn unless it achieves results.
- If I had time to be in a band, I would have quit the Masters by now. Commitment has to be total in order for it to be successful.
- This Masters is not easy. I know this now and it will get more intense. I must ready myself for the tough months ahead.
- Truth be told, I haven’t written any decent poetry since the summer of 2010 at the very least. I may have been published in an university newspaper but that was old news being exported to some new thoughts.
- I still don’t believe in what fortune cookies, so no changes there.
- To say “Say less and do more” is a double-edged sword because if there is a situation that needs to be criticized and no one is stepping up to the plate, no one will fix it.
- Yeah I joined the gym but the real question will be whether I’ll allow myself to go there in between giant essays.
- I went to Madrid, not Brussels. Paranoid as hell for two days then let it all go and enjoyed myself.
- The last three mantras are irrelevant until I have time to actually go out.
- Get back in a band and get people dancing. I love making people dance.
- Receive a Master’s Degree in Geopolitics (somehow).
- Be nice enough not to be the doormat I have been to some people in the past.
- Write more songs and make a secret album for myself.
- Not believe everything that fortune cookies predict, like believing that you will find love before the year is out.
- Make new friends and be dropped by others because it will happen.
- Say less and do more, which I’ll believe to be my motto for this year.
- Look after myself in a way I haven’t previously and after others as well where applicable.
- Gain the position of Contributing Analyst of Wikistrat.
- Go to Brussels and make it a new adventure and not just get drunk for five days.
- Stop trying to get people to look at me differently, its just not going to work. Ever.
- Find some girl and listen to her.
- Find myself and to be myself because that other guy pretending to be me is an asshole.
Check them out.
After all, its Christmas.
I’ll be honest, I’m terrified.